The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_vote_lcapCox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_voting_barCox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_vote_lcapCox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_voting_barCox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold

3 posters

Go down

Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold Empty Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold

Post by CJCorka April 8th 2010, 7:29 am

WEST Coast coach John Worsfold says Dean Cox is well aware of the need to lift his form and he will not be required to "put the acid" on his champion ruckman, despite two underwhelming performances to open the season.

While Cox has still contributed at stoppages, leading West Coast for hit-outs in the first two rounds, Worsfold said the four-time All-Australian was not having the desired impact around the ground.

The coach said Cox’s current fitness level was no excuse as he works his way back from extensive groin rehabilitation, but he was certain a change of form was around the corner.

“He knows where he’s at and you can see in his body language that he’s disappointed with the way he’s performed in the first two rounds", Worsfold said from Subiaco Oval on Wednesday.

“And I don’t really need to tell him that for us to be winning games we need him performing at his best - that's expected of every player.

“He’s determined to play better. Even with his current fitness level it’s no excuse not to impact the game when he’s on the field.

“If I thought he was just cruising along and not too concerned then I would be putting the acid on him, but I know how much it’s hurting him.”

Cox had seven possessions against the Brisbane Lions in round one from 63 per cent ground time and seven possessions in the round-two loss to Port Adelaide from 64 per cent ground time.

“We’re not using him out there as long, but when he’s out there he should still be able to have an impact on the game,” Worsfold said.

“His ruck work was really good, some outstanding ruck work on the weekend, but he’s not impacting around the ground, not judging the game as well as we know he can.

“He can’t quite make some of those contests at the moment, but that will turn around pretty quick.”

Meanwhile, three rookies are in contention to replace crucial defender Shannon Hurn, who has accepted a two-week suspension for a rough conduct charge.

Sam Butler (facial fracture) and Mark Nicoski (shoulder) have also been sidelined.

Andrew Strijk, Ashton Hams and Lewis Stevenson have impressed in the WAFL and, with Tim Houlihan (foot) placed on the long-term injury list, can be considered to face North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

“They’ve all got the potential to come in and play that role,” Worsfold said.

“They’re not as good a kick as Shannon Hurn, but we believe they can come in and do a job back there.”

Will Schofield and Bradd Dalziell are also in form, the coach said and will be considered along with midfielder Matt Rosa, who has been sidelined with a back injury, and forward Ben McKinley.

Worsfold said Mark LeCras, who missed last week with hamstring soreness, was progressing well and was a chance to play against the Kangaroos.

However, dropped premiership player Quinten Lynch, who booted two goals for West Perth in the WAFL, did not contribute enough from full-forward.

“That’s an area we need to talk to Quinten about and West Perth about if Quinten wants to break back into our side.”
CJCorka
CJCorka

Back to top Go down

Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold Empty Re: Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold

Post by madman April 8th 2010, 7:43 am

You should really make some of these blogs
madman
madman
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.sticksports.com/forum.php

Back to top Go down

Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold Empty Re: Cox needs to lift and he knows it: Worsfold

Post by CJCorka April 8th 2010, 7:43 am

ok i will
CJCorka
CJCorka

Back to top Go down

Post by madman April 8th 2010, 7:50 am

not the ones you already made, but some other ones you got.
madman
madman
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.sticksports.com/forum.php

Back to top Go down

Post by CJCorka April 8th 2010, 7:54 am

yea i not going to put them all in here
CJCorka
CJCorka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartel April 10th 2010, 5:40 am

Cox is old, hes only got 1-2 years in him.

But he is sort of being overshadowed by Nick Natanui, allthout.is hype about him, I think Cox just feels left out.
Bartel
Bartel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum