The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Johnno likely to miss Hawks I_vote_lcapJohnno likely to miss Hawks I_voting_barJohnno likely to miss Hawks I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
Johnno likely to miss Hawks I_vote_lcapJohnno likely to miss Hawks I_voting_barJohnno likely to miss Hawks I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Johnno likely to miss Hawks

Go down

Johnno likely to miss Hawks Empty Johnno likely to miss Hawks

Post by CJCorka April 8th 2010, 7:27 am

WESTERN Bulldogs captain Brad Johnson looks likely to miss Sunday's clash with Hawthorn as he continues to recover from a virus.

Johnson missed last Sunday's win over Richmond with the illness and didn't take part in Wednesday's training session at Whitten Oval.

"On Sunday he got really crook. He has been crook for a couple of days and he's just a little bit better now," coach Rodney Eade said on Wednesday.

"He's got the Dale Morris proportions. He was vomiting a lot and really had a high fever.

"It looks like he's on the mend and he should probably be right to train on Friday.

"What we've got to decide now is: he hasn't trained for 10 days and with his lack of game preparation does he need continuity as far as training?

"I would think we would probably be conservative with his condition as far as his energy levels and have a week's training next week."

The virus has affected a few Bulldogs with Morris missing round one and Brian Lake, Jarrod Harbrow and Ryan Hargrave feeling off colour throughout the second week.

Eade says Johnson will not be considered for a VFL hit-out this weekend and will play seniors "if he's right".

Teammate Robert Murphy joked Johnson's luck was finally starting to wane after his durable career.

"He's having a bad run but he had a good run for about 15 years so it's starting to even out," he said.

Midfielder Nathan Eagleton is not yet in consideration for senior selection and will play for Williamstown while Shaun Higgins should be fine despite copping a knock to his calf on Sunday.

Eade said the Dogs weren't expecting the Hawks to be heavily affected by the hot conditions and bruising nature Monday's loss to Geelong featured.

"They were very physical, which we know they can be, and is a hallmark of their side and they're a very even team," he said.

"Having a couple of players out is not going to hurt them as much as people think.

"Six-day breaks, everyone has them. We've got two in a row straight after that and we had two in the finals last year and we played in a prelim.

"I wouldn't have thought it would be too bad on them."

Michael Osborne will miss the match after accepting a one-match sanction for bumping Joel Selwood while Rhan Hooper is out with a three- to four-week hamstring injury.

Jordan Lewis faces a fitness test on the ankle he injured against the Cats and Liam Shiels' availability will be determined at the tribunal on Wednesday night.

Eade said the Dogs would make mention of Lake's 150th match and Ryan Griffen's 100th match milestones in the lead up to the match but wouldn't rely on them for motivation.
CJCorka
CJCorka

Back to top Go down