The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Port Rising Up I_vote_lcapPort Rising Up I_voting_barPort Rising Up I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Port Rising Up

Go down

Port Rising Up Empty Port Rising Up

Power Rising Up

Port Adelaide’s impressive group of young players have lifted the bar at Alberton and driven the club’s successful pre-season campaign. The Power’s NAB Cup run came to an end on the 5th of March, with the Bulldogs winning a dramatic semi-final by three points at Etihad Stadium. But after big pre-season wins over Adelaide (56 points) and West Coast in Perth (78 points), Cassisi said Port’s pre-season had been a success and a great learning curve for its young players, which cant get any better.

First round draft pick Andrew Moore, rookie Cameron Hitchcock and tall forward Daniel Stewart were three players Cassisi said had stood up this pre-season, while Mitch Banner continued an impressive run of form against the Dogs.Mitch Banner is a midfielder and he’s kicked five goals in the three games, he’s got that really good balance of providing the defensive pressure and pushing forward to kick goals (which is what the power needed in the semi-final to win the game, which is vital for a midfielder these days because it is really hard to put pressure on the opponents.

A recruit of a different kind, assistant coach Dean Laidley, has also made an impact on the Power’s game style and Cassisi said the former North Melbourne coach was working well with Mark Williams. Cassisi and Mark Williams have got a really good friendship, they’ve had that over a long period of time, and the most pleasing thing is how those two have worked together at the footy club. With the other coaches as well, they’re really pushing the group and we’ve got a great learning environment there for the young group.

So not only their Rookies are going to be stars, there is a good friendship going on in the club which will lead to a very successfull club. And knowing that, the average attendence to a game will increase.
BluePepsi
BluePepsi

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Port Rising Up :: Comments

madman

Post March 7th 2010, 4:01 am by madman

Impressive

Back to top Go down

nanny

Post March 7th 2010, 11:03 am by nanny

2010 Premiers Go Port