The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_vote_lcapWayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_voting_barWayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_vote_lcapWayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_voting_barWayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad.

Go down

Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. Empty Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad.

Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad.

England manager Fabio Capello has exposed he will attempt to talk Wayne Bridge about competing with the England squad in the 2010 world cup after the defender ruled himself out of the World Cup.

Bridge had earlier announced that his spot with England was “untenable” following the allegations that team-mate John Terry had an affair with the mother of his young son.

Regardless of Terry being stripped of the England captaincy, Bridge is reluctant to even weigh up sharing a dressing-room with the centre-back.

According to The Press Association, Capello said: "I was flying back from Milan when Wayne Bridge announced that he would not be with us for the Egypt match and also in South Africa for the World Cup.

"It surprised me, but I respect the decision of all the players, but the door is always open for him.

"We have time, there is still three months until I will decide my final squad for South Africa.

"I hope that Wayne Bridge will be with us at the World Cup, but I respect his decision."

Bridge’s decision now leaves England short of left-backs, as first choice Ashley Cole is currently injured, and Capello is refusing to close the door on the full-back who was strongly tipped for a berth in the squad.

With a few months left until England will have to choose the final squad they will try extremely hard to lure Bridge back.

The two ex best friends faced each other in Chelsea vs Manchester City, before the match Bridge refused to shake Terrys hand indicating that what happened will most likely never be forgiven. After this incident Bridge was constantly booed by the Chelsea fans and was hurled abuse by fans on the sidelines but in the end it was Bridge with the last laugh as Man City defeated Chelsea convincingly 4-2
Pav_001

http://simplysports.forum-motion.com/index.htm?sid=9255398ed3775

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Wayne Bridge withdrawal from England squad. :: Comments

madman

Post March 1st 2010, 1:56 pm by madman

I watched that games, I was furious at the result, I was suprised that Bridge got a round of aplause when he got sent off for a substitute.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum