The Sports Chat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Sports Chat
The Sports Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Top posters
madman (857)
Best cricket sledges and comebacks I_vote_lcapBest cricket sledges and comebacks I_voting_barBest cricket sledges and comebacks I_vote_rcap 
CJCorka (529)
Best cricket sledges and comebacks I_vote_lcapBest cricket sledges and comebacks I_voting_barBest cricket sledges and comebacks I_vote_rcap 
nanny (518)
Sumukhasai (493)
Bartel (340)
Saiyan Prince (332)
Pav_001 (221)
Buckets007 (202)
Fred100 (179)
SS2 (152)

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 224 on April 10th 2021, 11:06 am

Best cricket sledges and comebacks

Go down

Best cricket sledges and comebacks Empty Best cricket sledges and comebacks

Crickets Funniest Sledges and Comebacks!

Rod Marsh & Ian Botham

When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with these words: "So how's your wife & my kids?" Ian Botham’s famous reply – "The wife's fine. The kids are retarded!" This was sure to make the list.

Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne

As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan replied.

Robin Smith & Merv Hughes

During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed: "You can't f****ng bat". Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary - "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't f***ing bat & you can't f***ing bowl."

Merv Hughes & Javed Miandad

During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor. A few balls later Merv dismissed Javed: "Tickets please," Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman.

Glen McGrath and Eddo Brandes

Aussie pace man Glenn McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe number 11 Eddo Brandes – who missing each ball in the worst way possible. McGrath, frustrated, went to him and inquired: "Why are you so fat?" As quick as it was said, Brandes made a famous comeback, "Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit."

Ravi Shastri and Mike Whitney

Shastri hits the ball towards Mike Whitney (the 12th man in the game) and looked for a single. Whitney said, "If you leave the crease I’ll break your f***ing head". Without battling an eyelid, Shastri retorted, "If you could bat as well as you can talk you wouldn't be the f***ing 12th man".

Viv Richards and Merv Hughes

Viv Richards hit Merv Hughes for four consecutive boundaries in one over. Merv stops halfway down the pitch, farted loudly, and said to Viv: "Let's see you hit that to the boundary!" Viv could not believe what he heard (or smelt).

Mark Waugh and Adam Parore

Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – "Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were shit then, you're f***ing useless now". Parore, turning around, "Yeah, that's me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly, sl*t and now I hear you've married her. You dumb c**t!".

Fred Trueman

While bowling the batsman edges and the ball goes to first slip and right between Raman Subba Row's legs. Fred doesn't say a word. At the end of the over, Row ambles past Trueman and apologies sheepishly, "I should've kept my legs together, Fred". "So should your mother," he replied.

Ian Healy

And of course you can't forget Ian Healy's legendary comment that was picked up by the Channel 9 microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one dayer in Sydney... "You don’t get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c**t!!!"
Pav_001

http://simplysports.forum-motion.com/index.htm?sid=9255398ed3775

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Best cricket sledges and comebacks :: Comments

madman

Post March 1st 2010, 2:03 pm by madman

Seen then Ian Healy one on youtube, it was funny

Back to top Go down

BluePepsi

Post March 1st 2010, 2:39 pm by BluePepsi

LOL, love the Merv Hughes and Robin Smith one.

Back to top Go down

Post March 3rd 2010, 2:03 pm by Pav_001

Can I have the link to the Ian Healy one?

Back to top Go down

madman

Post March 3rd 2010, 2:10 pm by madman

trying to find it, I watched it at a mates house

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down